How To Make Fresh Almond Milk
Fresh, real and very tasty almond milk. Making homemade almond milk is actually really simple, and produces a deliciously creamy beverage with minimal effort.
This recipe for homemade almond milk starts with soaking almonds in water over night or for up to two days. Use your homemade almond milk in shakes soups or smoothies and other raw food dishes.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- water for soaking nuts
- 2 dates (optional)
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla (optional)
- 3 cups water
1. Place the almonds in a bowl and cover with about an inch of water. Soak the almonds overnight or for at least 10 hours (the longer you soak the almonds, the creamier the milk will be).
2. Drain and rinse the almonds.Blend(highest speed for 2 minutes or until the nuts are completely broken down)the 3 cups of water, almonds, and dates until well blended and almost smooth.
3. Strain the mixture through several layers of cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
4. Stir in the vanilla extract, if desired.
5. You can refrigerate the almond milk.Stays fresh for about 3 days.
Tip plus: You can dry the nut remnants in a very low oven (200F) to make almond flour.