When it comes to hair loss, you have tried out everything. From getting expensive hair rituals at the salon to home remedies, and still, nothing works for you. There are various contributing factors to hair loss we can never eliminate, but what we can certainly do away with is the condition. The answer lies in the leaves of the super-fruit ‘guava’. Guava leaves have a miraculous ability to stop hair loss and make it grow back with vigor, believe scientists. Owing to their richness in vitamin B, an important vitamin for hair growth, guava leaves are a boon for those suffering year round hair loss. A guava leaf portion is very simple to make:
- Take about a handful of guava leaves and boil them in a liter of water for about 20 minutes, till the benefits of the guava leaves have been soaked up by the water.
- Allow the potion to cool down completely at room temperature. Strain the leaves and bottle the decoction you can use from time to time on the scalp and roots of your hair like a tonic.
- You can take a palm full of it and massage on your scalp. Keep it on for a few hours before washing it off. You can even massage it into your hair and let it stay overnight. Wear a shower cap or a towel when you go to sleep, and then rinse off first thing in the morning. The vitamin B component in guava leaves helps strengthen the roots and hair follicles and checks hair fall. Kiss hair loss a final goodbye. Grow back a shiny mane with the brilliant guava leaves!
However, that’s not all the benefits you can get from guavas. Here are 17 more reasons why you should start consuming them as soon as possible:
- They can lower the bad LDL cholesterol levels without affecting good HDL cholesterol levels.
- Guava leaves tea treats bronchitis and coughs.
- Applying crushed guava leaves can relieve itching caused by allergies
- This method can also be used for relieving insect bites.
- Boil guava leaves and let them cool at room temperature, then gently massage the liquid into your scalp and say goodbye to hair loss
- Guava leaf tea stops carbohydrates from turning into sugar and thus suppresses appetite, which will help you to reduce weight.
- The tea is also great for treating upset stomach and food poisoning.
- Thanks to the strong antimicrobial properties, the tea is also effective in the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Guava leaf tea is considered to be effective in treating enlarged prostate and cancer.
- The tea is also recommended for men who fight infertility.
- Being high in vitamin C, the leaves can treat acne and pimples
- To prevent infections, apply crushed guava leaves on minor cuts like scrapes or abrasion. The tea can also relieve outer ear infection. Just drop few drops of cooled down guava leaves tea.
- To treat dengue, boil 9 guava leaves in 5 cups of water until the amount you have in your pot reduces by half.
- The tea reduces blood sugar level and does not stimulate insulin secretion, making it great for diabetics.
- To relieve a toothache, inflamed gums and sores in the oral cavity, simply chew guava leaves.
- If you want to remove blackheads naturally, crush a few guava leaves and stir in a little bit of water. Use this instead of your regular face scrub.
- The same combination can be used to prevent premature skin aging.